Baltimore Bottle Show March 2011
03 April 2011
The Baltimore Antique Bottle Club hosts the grandaddy and biggest of shows the first week of March each year.
Wow. Elizabeth and I usually arrive on Thursday night, visit with business clients, visit family and start Show activities on Saturday. This year it started with a FOHBC Board meeting from 8:00 AM to Noon, followed by lunch with Bob Ferraro and Bill Taylor. Special meetings with collectors occurred in the afternoon. Set-up starts promptly at 5:00 pm on Saturday. This is when the real action occurs. The public show is on Sunday.
Jerry Forbes from California was my table mate again. His wife Helen also made the trip. My special friends.
Sales were strong and I was especially pleased to pick up the following for my collection:
• Berliner Bitters (yellow amber, round, short ladies leg, ex: Carlyn Ring). Very rare.
• Arabesque Drakes in a wonderful candy yellow color. L0ts of character.
• Snyder’s Celebrated Bitter Cordial is a wonderful light color.
• London Medicated Health Restorer. A great Baltimore bottle. Good form.
• Dr. Munholland Medicated Bitters, Unheard of and unlisted. Recently dug.