28 July 2012
A major, Antique Bottle and Glass, judged shoot-out, will occur at the FOHBC Reno Expo 2012. The event will be sponsored by a major Auction House (Norman C. Heckler). This will be a landmark chance and great opportunity to see many great examples together in one event which rarely happens. A cocktail event will occur simultaneously.
Rules are as follows:
1. All bottles will be displayed at the same time in a secure display showcase.
2. Displayer name will be on a sticker placed on the bottom of displayers bottle(s). Up to two (2) bottles per displayer in each category will be allowed.
3. Bottles must be signed in starting at 5:45 pm. Sign-in will finish at 6:30 pm. Judging will be at 7:00 pm.
4. A separate panel of three judges will be used for each of the primary categories.
5. Security will be provided. Only the person who signed the bottle in will be able to remove it from the display area.
7. Categories to be displayed and judged:
A. Drakes Plantation Bitters (4 log , 6 log and Arabesque)
B. J H Cutter Whiskey (#43 in Thomas Whiskey Book, Sole Agent, plain reverse)
C. Umbrella Inks (pontiled base, smooth base)
The Shoot-Out will occur on Saturday Evening after the days show. The area will open at 5:45 pm. Tickets will be required. Attendees and Guests automatically include Reno EXPO Show Dealers, Displayers, Seminar presenters, FOHBC members from current membership list (join on the spot for admittance) and friends of the Shoot-Out Sponsors. Tickets will be provided and will be needed at event room door.